Another month, another recap of what I've been creating and enjoying.
- Jewellery Project // Happiness is a Warm Puppy - Shiba Inu Dog in a Scarf
- Watercolour Fan Art Illustration Project // Willow Rosenberg, from Joss Whedon’s Buffy The Vampire Slayer
- Watercolor illustration Project // Haruki Murakami’s novel Sputnik Sweetheart
- Freebie Project // Glasses Pattern Weekly Planner & Wallpapers by illustrator and designer A Rose Cast
What I’ve been Loving and Lusting Over
- Wish List // 6 Creations by Independent Makers Who Celebrate Feminism and Gender Equality
- Loved Linked // 6 Bloggers Who Share and / or Create Beautiful Free Tech Wallpapers
- Creative Spotlight // 6 Photographer-Artists Who Create Fantasical Landscapes Through Photo Manipulation
- You can see more of the things I love over on my Pinterest
- Me with the Hachiko Statue at Shibuya Station, Tokyo back in October! Life goal achieved!
- Kamakura Beach at sunset. This was the perfect way to end an amazing day. My first time seeing and touching the Pacific Ocean. Is it obvious I’m dying to go back to Japan?
- Sketching cute houses. I’m thinking of offering custom home/shop illustrations as a service. What do you think?
- Toby cat ‘helping’ me work. He was napping with his chest and arms on top of all of my planners and sketch books.
- Keep up to date by following me on Instagram
Other Happenings This Month
- Reading // Trying to get through Radiance by Catherynne M. Valente. Love her books, and enjoying this one, but for some reason isn’t an easy read. It’s a very unusual format. Took time off to quickly devour Landline by Rainbow Rowell. Sometimes you need an easy but satifying read when you have a difficult book to get through. (Follow me on Goodreads)
- Watching // Finished season 2 of Better Call Saul. Very awesome.
- Listening // Remembering how much I loved The Presidents of the United States of America as a pre-teen/teenager in the 90s
- Playing // Finally finished Bioshock. Uncharted 2 next?
- Eating // Chia Seed Pancakes. I’ve been trying to find recipes for treat food that reduce the amount of saturated and trans fats, and these were amazing! Though may cut out the salt completely next time as that’s a lot of salt! (Okay, maybe that is as we ate them between two people, not four …)
- Learning // How to create nice looking patterns in Photoshop
- Doing // Looks of planning for new products, especially custom illustration work, and items for Studio Souk in Belfast and a convention I have a stall at in October