A lot of my work over the past little while has been a bit more behind the scenes (to be released over the next few months), so some of the 'new' things I've released have been older work.
I’m also playing around with what I post here on the blog, introducing a new Friday Faves column, and making Loved Links, Creative Spotlight and Wish List a little less regular. I’m hoping that over the next few months, I’ll be posting more of my own content here (not just products), but for now, onto what June and July has meant for me.
- Illustration, Stationery & Jewellery Project // Clio - Watercolour Illustration of a Pink & Blue Haired Girl with Stars
- Illustration Project // Fan Art of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, from sci-fi epic Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Jewellery Project // Cats. Books. Life is Good - Watercolour Illustration on a Wooden Brooch of a Blue Tabby Reading a Book
- Illustration Project // Fan Art of Malcolm ‘Mal’ Reynolds of Joss Whedon’s classic sci-fi/western Firefly
The lovely Made by Mrs M featured me in her Day in the Life column. If you want to see what I do on a typical day and my process for creating new illustration work, go have a little read. Thank you so much, Kate for featuring me!
What I’ve been Loving and Lusting Over
- Wish List // 6 Places to Buy Lovely Notebooks & Notepads
- Loved Linked // 6 Colour-Filled & Playful Printables for Summer Parties & Get Togethers
- Creative Spotlight // 6 Wonderful illustrators to Follow on Instagram
- You can see more of the things I love over on my Pinterest
Friday Favourites // More Great Links from the Web
- Friday 27th May // Fashion nerds, unicorns and matcha
- Friday 3rd June // Rocky Horror, Tokyo indie guide and gummy bears
- Friday 1st July - The Blogtacular Goodie Bag // Goodies from wonderful small businesses
- Friday 8th July // Peonies, pastel pinks and water gardens
- Friday 15th July // Cute dogs, architectural brooches, and how to be yourself
- Friday 22nd July // Stolen art, tiny embroidery and cacti
- A rose gold and wood necklace version of my I feel Pretty illustration, based on my ginger tom, Toby
- My current line of birthday and congrats greeting cards, available on Etsy
- A new birthday card design of girl with purple-blue ombre hair. Can’t wait to add this piece to the listing above!
- Blue door, pink house in Notting Hill, that I came across on our Blogtacular photo walk around west London
- Monty caught using my book as a pillow, once again …
- He has a thing for books, so I created this wooden brooch as an ode to the rascal
- Keep up to date by following me on Instagram
Other Happenings This Month
- Reading // The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. I picked up this one when I was at Daunt Books (sooooo pretty!) back in February, and I’m loving it. Though I’ve made slow progress as I just don’t seem to be making enough time to read this month sigh (Follow me on Goodreads)
- Watching // Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. It’s a Tiny Fey show, so a must watch for me. I think it took me a few episodes to get into, but now I’m really loving it. I’m so happy Carol Kane plays such a big part as she was one of the first kooky personalities on TV and film I connected to as a kid in the 80s. And that intro is too damn catchy.
- Listening // Nothing new this month! But I’ve gone back to listening to some of my fave Japanese artists, such as folk rock singer Cocco (Official English Site).
- Playing // I really need to get started on a new game …
- Eating // Trying to get myself to like natto. If you know anything about this food, you’ll understand.
- Learning // Yoga, in order to focus on strength and balance.
- Doing // Creating a proper shop for this site! Hopefully this will be live soon.