February was a busy month for me. Not only did I celebrate another birthday, but I was working on both new products and my first launch in a physical store.
Really excited at having my products now stocked in Studio Souk, a beautiful store in the centre of Belfast which stocks only products by creators and makers living in Northern Ireland. If you live in Northern Ireland, or have a trip planned here soon, go have a look!
So what else have I been up to this month?
- Illustration Project // Illustration of Haruki Murakami’s novel After Dark
- Fan Art Illustration Project // Princess Bubblegum from Adventure Time Watercolour Illustration
- Jewellery Project // Crazy Cat Lady - Wooden Brooch of a Girl and Her Cats
- February Freebie // Downloadable ‘Take a Leap’ Printable
What I’ve been Loving and Lusting Over
- Wish List // 6 Nerdy Creations by Independent Artists
- Loved Linked // 6 Fun and Quirky Valentine’s Day Free Printables and DIYs
- Creative Spotlight // 6 Awe-Inspiring Embroidery Artists
- You can see more of the things I love over on my Pinterest
- As of March, my products are being stocked in a physical store for the first time! Studio Souk in the centre of Belfast. So a lot of work in February was getting prepped. Here are a few necklaces being created.
- I turned 33 in February. As a present to myself, I went on an eight mile walk around Belfast forests and parks. This part of the River Lagan is about a three minute walk from my flat.
- Took a little trip over to London to see my brother, sister-in-law and niece. Finally got around to visiting Daunt Books. Urgh, how perfect is this bookstore?
- Keep up to date by following me on Instagram
Other Happenings This Month
- Reading // The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared, by Jonas Jonasson. I picked this up in Daunt Books as the storyline sounds perfect for me; an old man, who has been a participant behind the scenes in many key events of the twentieth century, goes off on an adventure. Such a fun book! (Follow me on Goodreads)
- Watching // More Parks and Rec. I only have one season left (cries)
- Listening // I’ve always loved listening to non-English music. Before it’s largely been Japanese or Russian, but I’ve had Gwenno’s Welsh language debut album ‘Y Dydd Olaf’ on repeat over the last few days. I especially love ‘Fratolish Hiang Perpeshki’
- Playing // Back onto Bioshock after a while away. I need to play games more often. When I take a break, it takes a while to regain my coordination!
- Eating // ALL of the healthy things! I’m trying to eat as healthy as possible to help with a wee medical issue. Also means dougnuts and other ‘bad’ food aren’t off limits if I’m good most of the time ^_-
- Learning // Researching how to create a few new types of products (Who likes pins?)
- Doing // Planning our bathroom redo. Yay for hopefully soon getting rid of our 15-year-old cheap builder grade bathroom suites!